SIMULTAN: Wine vs VMXP vs Wubi (Max)

Mark Syms mark at marksyms.me.uk
Sun Oct 4 12:10:14 BST 2009

Max,

If your business really has a hard requirement for Outlook then you
should stop looking at Kubuntu, sadly you're going to be better off with
Windows 7. You're never going to meet user expectations if you try
running Outlook in Wine or under a VM (which still incurs you a license
fee anyway), even using a terminal services remoting system is not
likely to satisfy all of your users even though I do that all the time
for accessing my work systems and it works well for us.

There are some problems that we just can't solve with Linux and we need
to recognise and be pragmatic about that. Maybe in time people will come
to see that they really don't need to tie themselves to Outlook but
don't hold you breath on that one.

Just my 2p,

Mark.