Server Team 20091104 meeting minutes

Mathias Gug mathiaz at
Fri Nov 6 03:20:06 GMT 2009


Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with        
the irc logs here:        

==== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ====

* kirkland to finish adapting VM recipe(s?) to use libvirt:

ACTION: kirkland to add a recipe covering virsh to

* nurmi to investigate bug 455625

ACTION: nurmi to investigate bug 455625

==== UDS Lucid preparation ====

ttx created a wiki page for 10.04 [1] input from server team. mathiaz reminded
that there will two tracks dedicated to the Server team like the last UDS.


==== Assigned and to-be-assigned bugs ====

A discussion about adding python-software-properties to ubuntu-standard [2]
took place. soren noted that if the request was to add the package to the
default server install adding it to ubuntu-standard may not be the best place.
zul will look into that with the Fondation team.

ScottK mentioned that it looked like courier was pretty badly broken at the
moment and in need of at least a serious triage effort.


==== Eucalyptus Karmic SRU ====

mathiaz announced that a first round of bug fixes for UEC in Karmic had been
prepared. Packages are being uploaded to -proposed. Help in testing them will
be welcome once they're accepted by the SRU team.

==== Daily EC2 images ====

smoser reminded that 'daily' images of karmic for EC2 are now automatically
published twice weekly. Image removal is now covered by the new policy [3] In
short, 5 builds of each release/arch are kept in 'testing' (daily builds).
When a build 'falls off', it is made private for 30 days before deletion.
This policy covers kernels and ramdisks in '-testing' also. The code is
available in LP [4] - feedback is welcome!


==== spamassassin review ====

ScottK pointed to the state of spamassassin in Lucid: the upstream project
hasn't done a new release in over a year. Questions about its fate (leave it
stale, switch to svn snapshot, other solution) should be discussed during UDS.

ACTION: Daviey to investigate spamassassin status in lucid

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

ACTION: mathiaz to update the fridge

Next meeting will be on Wednesday, November 11th at 14:00 UTC in #ubuntu-

Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : 

More information about the ubuntu-devel mailing list