Upcoming library transition: libkrb53 - how to track it?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri May 8 08:07:52 BST 2009

Mathias Gug [2009-05-06 22:09 -0400]:
> 1. File 1 bug in LP and open a task for 145 packages?
>
> 2. File 145 bugs in LP (one for each package) and tag all of them with
> libkrb53-transition?
>
> 3. Use a wiki page?

4. Do it as early as possible and let the merge/autosync process
finish first, so that hopefully a large part of the transition solves
itself. Then you can use the NBS reverse dependencies list [1] to see
which remaining packages need to be rebuilt.

I'd personally only use bugs if there is something substantial to
discuss. For mere package rebuilds, it's just unnecessary bureaucratic
overhead.

I guess in most cases packages just need a no-change rebuild. This can
be done with a script (ask me if you need one) in bulk.

Martin