Best practice for reporting bugs

( ``-_-´´ ) -- BUGabundo ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Mon Mar 30 23:48:44 BST 2009

Olá Chow e a todos.

On Monday 30 March 2009 09:59:46 Chow Loong Jin wrote:
> I think it's more of assigning the bug to the correct place. Because
> these bugs aren't really in Ubuntu, but in a PPA (which is considered a
> 3rd party repository), the bugs don't really belong to Ubuntu unless
> they can be reproduced on the packages in the official Ubuntu archives.

Ok, I need to step back a bit, and make my self clear.
I just want to be able to file a bug on a package... its just a package that is both in Archive and PPA. but the version on my system comes from the PPA.

> However, I believe that eventhough the bugs don't really belong in
> Ubuntu, they do belong somewhere. There should be some way to report and
> track bugs in PPAs, but this is a Launchpad issue.

Exactly. The bug should go somewhere. And that place is the PPA BTS, _if it exists_.
If it doesnt let apport fail as it currently does. But if there is a PPA for package FOO, why not redirect the apport collected data to that PPA BTS?

Am I making such an hard question, or using the wrong example?

--
Hi, I'm BUGabundo, and I am Ubuntu (whyubuntu.com)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net