Installation report for UNR 20090324 on Acer Aspire One

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 24 17:17:52 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:04:43AM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:01:58AM +0000, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > One further issue: closing the lid correctly suspends the machine, but
> > opening the lid doesn't resume it.  I have to press the power button.
> >
> > Is this a hardware limitation (seems unlikely) or a bug?
>
> Based on the notes[1] I took, check the contents of /proc/acpi/wakeup
> and look for something like "LID".  If nothing maps to the lid, then I
> think it's either a hardware limitation or a kernel ACPI bug.  If it is
> listed, but not marked "enabled", this is a software error (though I'm
> not sure where exactly).
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnderstandingSuspend

Thanks for the link.

/proc/acpi/wakeup contains:

Device	S-state	  Status   Sysfs node
P32	  S4	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1e.0
UHC1	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1d.0
UHC2	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1d.1
UHC3	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1d.2
UHC4	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1d.3
ECHI	  S3	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1d.7
EXP1	  S4	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1c.0
EXP2	  S4	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1c.1
EXP3	  S4	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1c.2
EXP4	  S4	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1c.3
AZAL	  S0	 disabled  pci:0000:00:1b.0
MODM	  S0	 disabled

there's nothing identifiable as a lid device, and nothing is enabled.

I've filed https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/348012 to track this, and we
can figure out there whether this is a bug or not.

--
 - mdz