Installation report for UNR 20090324 on Acer Aspire One

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 24 17:04:43 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:01:58AM +0000, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> One further issue: closing the lid correctly suspends the machine, but
> opening the lid doesn't resume it.  I have to press the power button.
>
> Is this a hardware limitation (seems unlikely) or a bug?

Based on the notes[1] I took, check the contents of /proc/acpi/wakeup
and look for something like "LID".  If nothing maps to the lid, then I
think it's either a hardware limitation or a kernel ACPI bug.  If it is
listed, but not marked "enabled", this is a software error (though I'm
not sure where exactly).

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnderstandingSuspend

--
Kees Cook