apt-listbugs removed from main packages

Tim Webster tdwebste at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 07:05:20 BST 2009

Hi

apt-listbugs list has been removed from the main package list.
However, I rely on apt-listbugs for pre-release testing on staging computers.

Has apt-listbugs been relocated/remoted from ubuntu, WHY?

thx
-Tim

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Chan Chung Hang
Christopher<christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:
> Tim Webster wrote:
>> I have major beef with ubuntu,
>> I rely on apt-listbugs for my testing of upcoming pre-release. It
>> seams ubuntu has removed apt-listbugs from the main package list. This
>> makes so I can NOT safely install pre-releases. Upgrading ubuntu
>> severs is always a dicey afair for me. I NEVER upgrade ubuntu as one
>> shot upgrade. It is risk I simply can not take on servers.
>>
>> NO separately monitoring launchpad bug list is not an acceptable
>> alternative, to apt-listbugs.
>>
>> I need tool which will monitor bugs at install time like apt-listbugs
>> does.
>>

> Hit the ubuntu-devel-discuss list. If you want to get any proper
> attention, it might be over there. Or maybe the sounder list.
>
> Or you could go back to Debian. There is a new stable just a month or
> two ago.

The long term support servers I maintain are running Debian. I really
enjoy the fact that stable and testing are repository links to
whatever. It literally means setup once, and forget about it. Locked
away unacceptable  servers always upgrade correctly once they see the
light of day again.