UbuntuDistributedDevelopment Call Notes - Jan 20th 2009
jono at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 20 17:59:08 GMT 2009
Some notes from a call I scheduled with Daniel Holbach and James Westby
== Right now ==
Some of the implementation work complete:
* Branches are available (read-only), but not in Launchpad
* People can generate patches that can be then used with sponsorship
queue in the current manner.
* History can be viewed easily.
* It is easy to find a diff between hardy and intrepid packages
(diffing with Debian is not currently implemented).
== Plan ==
* Merges will be easy.
* Stats will make it easy to see differences between Debian and Ubuntu.
* People wil hack in a change, commit to their branch and propose
* Jono Lang workng on Launchpad changes: Tim Penhey and Kiko leading
== Community Considerations ==
We discussed many of the community-related elements to be considered in
launching this technology:
* Documentation needs
* How sponsoring works
* Educating the community in these new processes
There will be no governance implications for this new process other than
MOTU Council members aknowledging this process as a valid method of
* UbuntuDistributedDevelopment Day - IRC tutorials, video tutorials,
* LoCo Involvement for Presentation - factor into release parties?
o Packaging Guide
o Daniel to identify requirements
== Actions ==
* Daniel to identify documentation requirements for UDD.
* Daniel to identify current users and encourage use.
* James to ask about potential timelines.
Ubuntu Community Manager
www.ubuntu.com / www.jonobacon.org
More information about the ubuntu-devel