powernowd vs. ondemand governor

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Feb 16 16:10:44 GMT 2009

2009/2/16 Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com>:
> Is this still an appropriate default?  Aren't the necessary modules loaded
> automatically now?  Would it be a better idea to set the default to ondemand
> in the kernel and drop powernowd altogether?

Don't know if this has any bearing on your decision, but from the
powernowd maintainer/author site [0].

"Took me long enough, but this is the final release of powernowd. The
ondemand kernel governor seems to be the wave of the future, and "good
enough for me". I do still use it on older kernels, and it's been rock
steady for years. v1.00 is just a couple of small cleanups, and
running it through valgrind to clean a couple of pedantic memory
issues. PowerNowd does everything it set out to do, and is small,
efficient, and complete. Barring any brown-paper-bag style bugs, this
will be the final release."

Cheers,
Al.

[0]  http://www.deater.net/john/powernowd.html