Moving Asterisk into main

( ``-_-´´ ) -- BUGabundo ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Wed Feb 4 11:02:24 GMT 2009

Olá Brian e a todos.

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 05:53:33 Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> How does such a community usually get organized within the
> Ubuntu community?  Sure, somebody could just start a ML somewhere and
> hope that enough interested people find it, but surely there must some
> point of organization within Ubuntu to help kickstart this community.
> I'd be interested in being a member.

I would think the best way, is to create a Launchpad team that would then work on keeping an updated package on the PPA, and then sync/patch it to archive before feature freeze, and patch any security updates as SRUs.
Also, email MOTU ML to let them know of the team existence.

If some of those team members actually do a good job, maybe some day they can have special access to the Archive to maintain and upload directly to Asterik packages.

--
Hi, I'm BUGabundo, and I am Ubuntu (whyubuntu.com)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net