Package Removal Resource

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 10 21:47:24 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 07:53:52PM +0100, Jonathan Davies wrote:
> 2009/1/28 Brian Murray <brian at ubuntu.com>:
> > I was trying to find information on packages that have been removed from
> > the archive - specifically for the report that used to be at
> > http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/removals.txt.  However, it
> > isn't there any more - is there a reason it isn't?
>
> The information appears to have moved to Launchpad, for example:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eciadsl - "Deleted in
> hardy-release  (Reason: (From Debian) RoLastNMUer; unmaintained, low
> user count, ...) "

Yes, I found out from Colin Watson that it was removed on purpose and
that the information now lives in Launchpad.  The removals are also
accessible via the Launchpad API.  For example, if you have a
source_package_publishing_history you can access the dateremoved and
removal_comment among a host of other things.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com