Minutes from the MOTU Release meeting, Monday 24th Aug, 19:00 UTC

Iulian Udrea iulian at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 25 09:39:06 BST 2009

Hi.

Here are the minutes from the MOTU Release meeting, Monday 24th August,
19:00
UTC.

= Members present (4/5) =
* Stefan Potyra (sistpoty)
* Scott Kitterman (ScottK)
* Iulian Udrea (iulian)
* Steve Stalcup (vorian)

Absent: Nathan Handler (nhandler)

= MOTU Release delegates =

* Scott Kitterman suggested to make Steve Stalcup the Qt/KDE delegate for
this cycle. We
all agreed.  Riddell said he could be fallback if Steve becomes unavailable.

* Mario Limonciello (superm1) agreed to act as a delegate for Mythbuntu
again.

* Cody Somerville (cody-somerville) agreed to act as a delegate for
Xubuntu.  He also
recommended Lionel Le Folgoc (mr_pouit) to be a delegate as well.  They will
both be
the delegates for Xubuntu this cycle.

* Fabien Tassin (fta) agreed to act as a delegate for Mozilla packages,
along with
Alexander Sack (asac).

* Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá (luisbg) and Cory Kontros (_MMA_) will act as
delegates for Ubuntu Studio.

* Sebastien Bacher (seb128) was proposed again to act as a delegate for
Ubuntu
Desktop packages this cycle.  This is still unclear, unfortunately.
Action: Iulian Udrea (iulian) to send an e-mail to the ubuntu-desktop ML to
find out
who will act as a delegate.

* Steve Kowalik (StevenK) will act as a delegate for Ubuntu Netbook, Ubuntu
MID.

* Scott Kitterman (ScottK) for Ubuntu Server again.

* We haven't delegated responsibility to no one for Edubuntu yet.  It seems
that
Jordan Mantha (LaserJock) is unavailable at the moment.  We will talk to him
when he reappears.

= Freeze Exception process =

* There were no questions regarding the Freeze Exception process [0]. We all
agreed that the process should remain the same.
 + 2 ACKs for the exception to become valid.
 + 2 ACKs for new packages as well.  We won't consider exception for new
packages if there are not worthwhile.
+ New upstream releases that are bug fix only just need a bug for
documentation,
no FFe.

= Standing Freeze exceptions =

* audacity [1]
 + Reinhard Tartler (siretart) suggested to don't update to the latest
upstream
release, 1.3.8.  Reinhard said that the latest release doesn't work with
ffmpeg
0.5 release.  It will need a newer ffmpeg which we are not shipping.
 + It was agreed to wait for input from Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá on this
issue.

Cheers,
--
Iulian Udrea