Sponsorship Queue Process

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 20 20:42:12 BST 2009

I was looking at some documentation regarding the sponsorship queue[1]
the other day and noticed that it doesn't mention the Triaged status at
all.  I understand that people requesting sponsorship wouldn't
necessarily be able to set the Triaged status but the documentation
might lead one to believe that a bug must be in Confirmed status for it
to be sponsored and that moving bugs from Triaged to Confirmed makes
sense.  It doesn't in this case and wanted to update the process
documentation to indicate that Confirmed or Triaged could be used by
people requesting sponsorship and that Triaged should be used by
sponsors.  Does that seem reasonable?

Additionally, there is a warning on the page that its future is or was
uncertain.  Is there a better place to document the sponsorship queue
process?

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Sponsorship/SponsorsQueue

Thanks,
--