Computer Janitor UI changes

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Mon Aug 17 20:39:46 BST 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 09:12:26PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> > Would it be possible to estimate the space gained from the deletion of
> > each package?
>
> That should already be there: click on the item to show the long
> description, the "Size: NNN MB" field.

When I run out of disk space and am looking for something to remove, I
want to evaluate the possible option in order of decreasing size.  That
works well if there's a list control with a size column that I can click
on if I want to sort.  It doesn't work well if I have to click on every
item in order to see its size.

I hate replying to your email without actually seeing the new GUI.  The
PPA has no version for Jaunty; and the version I tried to run from a bzr
tree failed with

  AttributeError: 'Package' object has no attribute 'candidate'

which, I guess, means my python-apt bindings are too old.  All I saw was
three large empty areas---I wonder how that would look on a small netbook
screen?

Marius Gedminas
--
* philiKON wonders what niemeyer is committing :)
*** benji_york is now known as benji