Packages in Main/Universe I'm not allowed to modify ...

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 16 07:59:37 BST 2008

Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> writes:

> I think the exceptions are few enough that we could probably code some
> package-specific rejection notification and then keep a list on the wiki
> somewhere.  Nothing too fancy would be needed.

FWIW, I think especially when there are a few packages affected by this,
it is quite likely to forget to look at the wiki page at each 'apt-get
source' command. It should therefore be made clear at download time what
restrictions are on a package.

Isn't that what we have archive section for? apt-source pretty clearly
tells me if I'm downloading something from multiverse or restricted.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4