motu-release will revert libgems-ruby to the old state.

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at
Wed Sep 3 09:49:02 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 09:43:19PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  Is there any shell which doesn't honor the PATH in /etc/environment?
>  If yes, I think it's a bug; if not, we can build on the PATH set in
>  this file IMO.

/etc/environment is not a matter for the shells, but for whatever starts the
user session (e.g., sshd, gdm...).  It would not be honored by shells (or
other processes) started from daemons not associated with a PAM login

Ubuntu Developer
slangasek at                                     vorlon at