wireless-tools/wpasupplicant in minimal seed

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 1 11:03:08 BST 2008

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-meta/+bug/61618 reports
that wireless software is not needed on many servers, and that therefore
these packages should be moved elsewhere. wpasupplicant now pulls dbus
into the debootstrapped set, which I'd like to avoid until it's truly
necessary (when Upstart uses it), so my attention was drawn to this bug.

Would anyone object to wireless-tools and wpasupplicant being moved to
ubuntu-desktop, and also added to server-ship so that they remain
available on the server CD?