Proposed changes to workflow bug management

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Wed May 28 10:26:00 BST 2008

Martin Pitt wrote:
> Isn't the main problem here that some bug triagers do not seem to know
> about these kinds of bugs, i. e. just an educational one?

Right, education will help esp. if we have clear guidelines to refer to.
Documentation should be available to fit both developer's and triager's
workflows.

I happen to think that a small notice in the description of each bug
will make the documentation obviously discoverable and the confusion
would go away:

WORKFLOW BUG: This bug is used for a development process and
does normally not require further triage or user comments.
Please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WorkflowBugs for more
information about workflow bugs.

This is suggestion #4 on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WorkflowBugsDiscussion

Henrik