Request: Move xubuntu seeds from ~ubuntu-core-dev/* to ~xubuntu-devel/*

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Mar 14 22:51:57 GMT 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:19:38 +0000 "Matthew East" <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Cody A.W. Somerville
><cody-somerville at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> After a quick discussion with Gauvain Pocentek and Colin Watson today on
>> IRC, I'd like to see about moving the Xubuntu seeds from under
>> ~ubuntu-core-dev to ~xubuntu-devel to allow for Xubuntu developers who
are
>> not Ubuntu core developers (such as myself) to make changes to the seeds.
>
>Now that xubuntu is in universe, doesn't it make more sense for the
>ubuntu-motu or the ubuntu-dev team to have control of these? It would
>avoid the clunkiness of creating a new team as xubuntu-devel and
>having ubuntu-core-dev join it.

The proposed approach gives finer grained control.  The proposal would
allow xubuntu developers to have control without granting access to all
MOTUs.

This is a step somewhat in line with the recent proposal to merge Main and
Universe.  I think it's a good step and the additional overhead is all just
initial setup.  No recurring overhead is incurred.

Scott K