Accepted: ubuntu-dev-tools 0.33 (source)

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Jul 18 17:46:26 BST 2008

On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:26:04 +0100 Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>
wrote:
>Cesare Tirabassi [2008-07-18 14:26 +0200]:
>> This seems to imply that the maintainer change also is implicitly
changelogged
>> when carrying forward an ubuntu modification in a merge.
>
>Indeed this was one of the particularly pointless changelog bits I was
>concerned about. :-)

I've been operating under the, apparently mistaken, view that
debian/changelog should document all changes made to a package.  Is it
documented somewhere what changes it is acceptable to impose silently?

Scott K

P.S. Uploads are a very poor way to make policy changes.  Should I upload
one now that puts it back because I think undocumented changes are a bad
idea?