Universe Recommends for packages in main

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Mon Jul 7 21:42:43 BST 2008

Op zondag 06-07-2008 om 14:58 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Matt
Zimmerman:
> On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 05:45:01PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 11:29:31AM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> > > OOo 1.x filters
> > > ---------------
> > > openoffice.org-filter-binfilter
> >
> > I would expect that this is a relatively uncommon requirement
> nowadays.
>
> On further reflection, I think I agree.  It's been longer than I
> thought since we shipped 1.x (pre-Dapper).
>
> Ideally, users who have upgraded from a release which shipped 1.x
> should receive this package, while others wouldn't.  Failing that, I
> think Suggests is probably OK.0

Maybe double-clicking such files could launch a dialog that allows the
user to install the required package(s)?

Maybe we should have this for all file formats that are reasonably well
supported by some application(s) in the repositories...

--
Jan Claeys