usplash missing for AMD64 users

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at canonical.com
Tue Jan 22 05:55:11 GMT 2008

* Saïvann

| Launchpad bug #147623 describe a problem that all AMD64 ubuntu users
| with nvidia driver have, they don't see any usplash logo at boot.

This is incorrect.  I'm using the nvidia driver and usplash works just
fine for me with my GeForce 7600GS.

| One launchpad member said that this problem could be fixed by using
| uvesafb rather than vesafb-tng which is deprecated and will be
| replaced upstream by uvesafb. Here's is exact comment :

We're not using vesafb and haven't for quite a while, so I suspect
this is not our problem.  (That is, unless people are passing vga= or
video= arguments on the kernel command line, but I suspect they're not.

--
Tollef Fog Heen