unrar-free

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 11 14:37:22 GMT 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 08:20:31PM +0800, shadowkernel wrote:
> I prefer to use the non-free version, because it supports better.
> However, some people like rms may use free software only. I recommend
> include it.

Regardless of what those people think, we have a clear and consistent policy
for licensing in Ubuntu, which is one of the founding documents of the
project:

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/ubuntustory/licensing

It explains that by default, Ubuntu, with one exception (drivers), includes
only software which is free (according to our guidelines).

--
 - mdz