Call for test for scim-bridge

ZhengPeng Hou zhengpeng.hou at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 05:54:03 GMT 2008

Hi all,
Since Kubuntu will ship with KDE4 in hardy, and
scim-bridge is the only one native immodule can
work with KDE4, scim-bridge can work fine
under Gnome/KDE3, also it can solve some input problems with
those non-free applications, like skype, adobe acrobat reader.
 so I think its worth to have scim-bridge
in main and as the the default immodule. I hope
that who are using a non-us keyboard variant can
test it for me. Need you feedback.
To use scim-bridge:
sudo apt-get install scim-bridge-agent scim-bridge-client-qt4 scim-bridge-client-qt scim-bridge-client-gtk
and then:
sudo ln -sf /etc/alternatives/xinput-all_ALL /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim-bridge

I suppose you know how to make scim/skim work. If you don't know
how to configure it, here is the trick you can follow:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/InputMethods/SCIM/Setup?highlight=%28InputMethod%29
You'd better to use im-switch to set it.

Cheers
Zhengpeng Hou