From Powerthink, Melbourne

Vu Nguyen linuxnuke at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 06:47:13 BST 2008

Hi guys,
I don't know where to start but let me introduce myself. I am a IT
contractor, mainly work with school in Mebourne, Australia. Recently I saw
the Edubuntu project and I am very interesting in it. I am going to deploy
that in one school to see how do the teachers react. From my point of view,
there are something that will be strong point is Interactive WhiteBoard
(IWB). I have seen that recently in Australia now more and more schools they
are interesting in deploying whiteboard, which is really a board where the
projector throw the image on, that board is connected with the computer and
when you click on start, it will act like you click mouse on that. Currently
those softwares only for Windows, if we can make the board work with
Edubuntu, and with the software collection of Edubuntu, it will be a plus
and a strong point for us to convince the school to deploy them. Aso the
character regcognition is something that we also should have a look at.
A few things to start with.

And after that is something that I am looking forward to do:
How to mass deploy them (similar to Ghost) (If the school choose the Desktop
edition, rather than thin client)
Report package (they currently using Markbook/SAS)
Email alternative for Outlook, (they are using Echange server)
Multimedia (Movie, Video editing): THis is something that I don't think a
big problem, seems we have plenty good softwares out there.
School admin package....

Thank you for your time.

Jerry Nguyen
Powerthink