AutoFsck inclusion criteria

petr bug petr.bug at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 13:28:44 BST 2008

Hello everybody

There is a blueprint for feature that does filesystem check on
power-down (instead of on power-up when user has to wait). It is
called "AutoFsck",
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/prompt-for-fsck-on-shutdown.

This functionality has been somewhat implemented for half year and
appears to be popular/desired by users. The feature helps many users
and hurts no-one - I expect. But is not included in default Ubuntu
installation.

What has to be done for this package to be installed by default?

So far I have heard requirements only in rumors (like getting rid of
certain restart thing). If it already has been said somewhere, say
where or even better: add it to the wiki.

By looking at AutoFsck's blueprint and wiki page it gives an
impression that relevant Ubuntu developers are ignoring the feature
request/annoyance fix. I believe the impression is false but I can not
prove it to users.

Thanks for response.
Petr