Degraded RAID UI (Re: Server Team 20080812 meeting minutes)

Dustin Kirkland dustin.kirkland at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 19:56:48 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:13 AM, Kees Cook <kees at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> As mentioned, a timeout to the handler's question could be added using
> the "-t" option to "read" (which is supported in busybox, thankfully):
>    ANS="unanswered"
>    read -p "Boot with degraded RAID anyway? [y/N]: " -r ANS -t 15

I had tried this without success previously.

I should mention that there is some wonkiness with "read"...  The "-r"
option MUST be the last option in the parameter list.  The sample code
that Kees pasted above won't work, since he has the "-t 15" following
the "-r ANS".

In any case, I'm attaching another patch that solves this problem to
the bug.  I've tested the timeout and it behaves as expected.  See:
 * https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mdadm/+bug/257568

:-Dustin