3 or 4 options for Desktop-Effects capplet?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Tue Sep 25 00:34:42 BST 2007

On 24/09/07 17:32, Mirco Müller wrote:
> Greetings everybody!
>
> Am Freitag, den 21.09.2007, 22:02 +0200 schrieb Mirco Müller:
>

>> Have a look at the progress sofar...
>>

> Latest update taking into account complains, suggestions and new icons:
>
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~mmueller/new-desktop-effects-capplet-5.png
>
> I really hope this is getting close to perfect now.
>
> Best regards...
>
> Mirco

That's looking really nice, but the word "Provides" is really not needed
in the text.

"Normal" is the setting you're expecting most users to use. You need to
word your text that way too. I'm not sure what improved usability means
to an end-user, so I think you need to phrase it in terms of the
required computer, rather than usability - we are talking about desktop
effects here after all.

Not happy with the word "Aesthetically" because somebody who uses
English as a second language has likely no idea what you're talking
about. Apart from the whole discussion around the idea of aesthetics
being in the eye of the beholder.

The text can be reduced further:

    * None: Simple Desktop without effects. For a slower computer.
    * Normal: Suitable for most computers.
    * Extra: Full Effects. Requires a faster computer.
    * Custom: Personal Settings.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..