Freetype changes

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Thu Sep 20 23:39:14 BST 2007

Ok. As a compromise on this, we're going to test the following:

1) Enable the new colour filtering by default
2) Automatically disable it on monospace fonts at under 12 pixels

This should handle the most obvious case where people are likely to
notice the loss in contrast, while giving most people the benefit of the
new code. There's the potential for some further fine-tuning of this,
but now that we've got the functionality to be able to do that tuning
I'm confident that it'll be done right between now and the final
release. Thanks very much to Scott for implementing this.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org