Postfix as the default MTA?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 17 16:58:27 BST 2007

Hi,

Scott Kitterman [2007-09-17 11:08 -0400]:
> If we want to have one MTA in Main that the server team is supporting (and we
> are supporting Postfix), then I think changing the depends as a standalone
> change makes sense.  Otherwise, I tend to think not.

Full ack here. However, given exim4's popularity I think we should
continue to officially support exim4. Fortunately it was not a real
burden so far; we only provide security updates, but maintenance in
Debian is excellent, so that we can just inherit it.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de