Consolidating the various freezes

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 14 16:38:34 BST 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 05:30:40PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Documentation might need its own (later) string freeze to allow
> translators to catch up, but that's a different level IMHO.

Agreed. IMO, there's very little harm in having translations of
documentation out of sync with the exact wording the the "original"
documentation.

I'm surprised, actually, that documentation has had any sort of freeze
process. Being a descriptive work rather than a defining one, I think it
makes sense to allow the documentation to be changed up until only just
a few days before release (to leave a tiny bit of time to fix up
compilation issues or whatever).

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Server Team