Alsa-Driver and Bug #122560

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Sun Oct 14 03:33:42 BST 2007

Good evening,

I would like to bring attention to Bug #122560,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/122560, which currently has 4
duplicates, but it deals with no sound for those that have an ICH8 Family HD
Audio Controller and Gutsy.

I recently upgraded to a Dell Latitude D820 which has this chipset in the
audio and in Gutsy I didn't have sound.  I followed the advice in this bug
comment (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/%2Bbug/122560/comments/68) and am
able to solve the problem.

For those that don't take the time to read either link, the solution is to
download the alsa-driver-1.015rc3.tar.bz2 from the ftp site, and add it to
your modules.  While this is great that it solves I am wondering if we could
get this updated version of alsa-driver in, thus solving the bug for everyone
that has reported it, and will report it once 7.10 goes live.

Thanks,

Jonathan