Launchpad bug statuses

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at async.com.br
Tue Oct 2 20:32:24 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 08:08:28PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> Ubuntu sets Fix Released when the fix has been uploaded, although it
> isn't necessarily generally available to users yet (because it may still
> need to build, be mirrored, etc.). I think this is the right workflow
> (we don't want to have to mess around gardening intermediate states for
> the sake of the couple of hours it typically takes, or have to concern
> ourselves with the semantics in the event that the upload fails to build
> on some subset of architectures), but perhaps the text could be
> qualified a little bit here.

You're talking about the the changelog-bug-closing feature, right?

I wonder if the right workflow isn't setting the bug to Fix Released
only when the first binary is uploaded (though that would be more
complex to implement).

> You say that "Won't Fix" should only be used by the project lead. This
> is a little too strong when applied to a distribution; there are plenty
> of situations where "Won't Fix" may reasonably be applied by an
> individual developer rather than the Technical Board. It should
> certainly only be used by developers, though.

Made two amendments to the text. Thanks!
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3376 0125