pcre3 update

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 20 18:48:40 GMT 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 03:10:05PM -0800, Kees Cook wrote:
> I've been preparing a pcre3 update[1], and it will be in -proposed
> shortly.  This is a major-version update (though ABI compatible), and
> while I have tested it and found no regressions yet, I would like to
> get a wider test audience (as recommended to me by Martin).
>
> Can people test the packages once they've built and comment on the bug
> with a "works for me in $release"?  So far, I have done testing via
> pcretest, Konqueror, and Apache, where all continue to work well.
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/160454

I haven't heard back from anyone yet on this update.  I can't quite
figure out if this is good or bad.  :)  If people are running -proposed
and have installed pcre3, can you comment on the bug?  I'm especially
interested in anyone running Dapper.

My intention is to publish the update to -security this coming Monday,
assuming there is no bad news.

Thanks,

-Kees

--