Announcing wineui

Yuriy Kozlov yuriy.kozlov at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:54:10 BST 2007

>Loïc Martin a écrit :
>> Just by curiosity, what are the differences with the graphical wine
>> applications uninstaller found in Applications>System Tools>Wine
>> Software Uninstaller ?
>wineui rather use gtk and qt toolkits rather than the win32 api for
>display. The goal is to make a desktop specific gui for each desktop
>environments, such as gtk for gnome, qt/kde for kde, and etk/ewl for e17
>for example.
>
>> Also, did you have a look at
>> http://www.wine-doors.org/
>Yes, but I found this app after have begun the development of wineui...
>
>> and for Ubuntu:
>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine
>No, I'm going to contact them, thanks.
>
>Regards,
>
>Arthur.

Arthur,

It seems a lot of these projects are popping up "to make wine easier
to use."  These include wine-doors, wineconfig, kwine, winebot.  I
urge you to make your uninstaller as part of one of these other
projects.  wineconfig is already in Kubuntu Feisty as part of
kde-guidance, so I think the preferable route would be to make the Qt
frontend part of wineconfig.  It would be nice to make the gtk one
part of it too, but there is no gtk frontend to wineconfig yet or
planned.
Also, I'd be interested in your approach to interfacing with wine.
Please join #ubuntu-wine to discuss.

~ Yuriy