"Report a Bug" menu item and its potential effects

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 27 09:48:41 BST 2007

Le mardi 27 mars 2007 à 10:17 +0200, Martin Pitt a écrit :

> I agree with you that we should disable the 'file a general Ubuntu
> bug' feature in the System menu. I'm not so sure about the
> per-application menus; they already land on the correct package, so do
> not need an extra triaging step.

I've no strong opinion about that. I think we should have a "send a bug"
item somewhere, in the applications menu accessories category for
example

> A third independent option is to disable apport shortly before the
> final release, since we won't likely fix crashers in stable releases
> anyway. Also, the number of already existing crash bugs will probably
> keep us busy for a while anyway.

> Desktop team, what do you think?

Looking at the crasher bugs we get at the moment most of them are
already duplicates, using apport on stable will likely flood launchpad
of bugs we already know about, I think that not installing apport on
feisty makes sense then

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher