Restructuring the debugging wiki pages

Toby Smithe toby.smithe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:21:13 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 22:45 +0100, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
[snip]
> Instead I propose we stick largely to the current page naming scheme
> of
> Debugging<PageName>, where <PageName> may or may not be a package
> name.
> The pages should be based on a common template, as with the spec
> pages.
> Here is a first draft template page:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingTemplate
>
> In addition we should have a few generic pages:
>
>  - Debugging - The landing page with a brief overview of the
> available
> information.
>  - DebuggingUbuntu - Generic advice on debugging in Ubuntu.
>  - DebuggingPageIndex - link packages to debugging pages (see
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingPageIndex)
>
> Henrik

Good plan. I'd like to see this also link into the spec, of which I have
forgotten the name, that gives (links to) debugging information to bug
reporters, who can then provide the relevant - and more specific - info
to the triagers. However, I'd be interested to see how this work, as
some bugs are bound to be reported to incorrect packages, and some
package groups have general debugging pointers, a la
DebuggingSoundProblems. Could these Launchpad pointers be linked to
tags?

Does this idea have a spec I can follow? I think it's a very useful
feature, and organisation is key to keeping things run smoothly (and I
tend to feel that so far it has been set up very well, for such a young
project).

Thanks,

Toby

--