Using xdg-user-dirs for the gutsy desktop

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 02:30:10 BST 2007

On 6/25/07, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Le lundi 25 juin 2007 à 13:31 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen a écrit :
>
> > I'd rather have it not provide the directories unless they are
> > actually in use.  Templates for instance is something I haven't used
> > for many, many years.
>
> How do you determine if they are in use on a new installation?
>

> > It also assumes that you have all your bits in one place, which could
> > quite possibly be completely wrong; my pictures are in different
> > locations depending on their context.  Similarly for Documents, I keep
> > them organised per topic, not all docs under one directory.
>
> Any suggestion on what to change and how then? When you open a
> fileselector it has to use a directory anyway

I have a suggestion, previously I made a experiment
script<http://pastebin.com/936402>trying to accomplish something like
the xdg-user-dirs does, also it's goal
is to choose a random face if none, and preformat the nautilus metadata to
add emblems to the user directories.

It's really great to add the associated emblems for the xdg-user-dirs
directories.
Also some random face if none is found.

Cheers,

> Sebastien Bacher

"everything is atoms, and we are all just a bunch of atoms producing energy
and signals."