Team packages maintained in bzr, one branch for the team or one for each debian directory?

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 28 18:48:40 BST 2007

Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com> writes:

> Daniel has written a "get-branches" tool to make easy to get or update
> all the branches from a team, it has to connect and do checkout for
> every package though which is quite slow and quite verbose.

If performance is a problem here, I think it should be possible to
optimize the get-branches script. From what I've seen from the source is
that it uses os.system() to call bzr. I'd expect it to be much faster if
it used bzrlib and cached the connection to launchpad.

> What do you think? What method would you like better? Extra arguments
> and thoughs are welcome!

I'd expect that having all packages in one branch makes small, focused
bugfixes on one specific package hard. It prevents that you download
only what you actually need.

If you need to work on a large set of packages, I think using tools from
mass branch handling like 'get-branches' could be the way to go.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4