Ubuntu Studio needs an addition to limits.conf

Cory K. coryisatm at nc.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 18:50:28 BST 2007

The Ubuntu Studio project adds "@audio - rtproi 99" to
/etc/security/limits.conf to allow RT access to applications that can
use it. ie: JACK. We do it with a ubuntustudio-settings package
currently that just adds the line to a users config.

This has caused us no issue but we have been told this isn't actually
the "preferred" way to do it. So, we're looking for a solution for this
that will satisfy all. Whether it can be safely added to the limits.conf
in the libpam-modules package or however.

-Cory