Accepted mdadm 2.6.2-1ubuntu1 (source)

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Wed Jul 11 22:41:22 BST 2007

Scott James Remnant <scott at ubuntu.com> writes:

> Accepted:
>  OK: mdadm_2.6.2.orig.tar.gz
>  OK: mdadm_2.6.2-1ubuntu1.diff.gz
>  OK: mdadm_2.6.2-1ubuntu1.dsc
>      -> Component: main Section: admin
> Format: 1.7
> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:31:39 +0100
> Source: mdadm
> [...]
>    * md activation:
>      - We now have a single udev rule for both the real system and the
>        initramfs, since doing things differently there will only result in bugs
>        and confusion.
>      - This rule runs "mdadm --assemble --scan --no-degraded", automatically
>        activating any non-degraded device as their components are detected.

Does this mean that booting from a degraded array is no longer possible?

Suppose you have your root filesystem on an array, and one harddrive
dies. Will the system boot, or will the boot process and in a busy box
shell?

(I need to test this if I get the chance...)

Anyway, thanks a lot for fixing mdadm in ubuntu!

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4