Accepted apt 0.7.2ubuntu1 (source)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 1 15:08:31 BST 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 09:30:22AM -0000, Michael Vogt wrote:
>  apt (0.7.2ubuntu1) gutsy; urgency=low
>  .
>    * apt-pkg/deb/dpkgpm.cc:
>      - apport integration added, this means that a apport
>        report is written on dpkg failures

Glad to see this landing.  What will the user experience be in the desktop
for this type of failure?  I haven't managed to trigger it yet, but I assume
that Synaptic fails as usual, and the user is notified later of the details
through a notification.  If that's the case, can we do better than that, and
inform the user immediately of the opportunity to report the bug?

In the case of Synaptic, shouldn't we also have access to the terminal
output to attach that to the bug report, something which we can't do yet
from libapt?

--
 - mdz