SRU policy for universe, #2

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 29 15:10:40 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Monday 29 January 2007 15:31:05 Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Stefan Potyra [2007-01-29 14:34 +0100]:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/SRU
>
> Thanks for the pointer, it looks good mainly.
>
> I updated this policy, ubuntu-sru should be subscribed to the bug, not
> ubuntu-archive. This helps us to separate SRUs and other archive
> requests in a better way. This will be fixed in the main SRU policy
> as well.

ok, great.

> The only problem that I see now is that there is no
> 'verification-motu-done' tag involved, thus it is not possible for
> ubuntu-sru guys like me to get a list of approved *-updates.
>
> However, since I do not actually want to approve -updates uploads, I
> propose that ubuntu-motu-sru monitors these bugs and is responsible
> for getting the package uploaded to -updates once it is approved. Then
> I can just look in the unapproved queue, see the bug report
> from the changelog and open the bug.
>
> Does that work for you?

Sounds sane to me. I guess motu-sru should also set the verification-motu-done
tag (might make it easier to monitor these bugs).

What's imo still missing in the current policy is, who should take action if
someone encounters problems during testing. How about if motu-sru would then
set the status back to "In Progress" (to be aligned with the main policy)?

@other motu-sru members: What's your opinion?

> If so, can you please update the policy wrt.
> -updates uploading accordingly?

If noone shouts, I'll update the page tonight.

Cheers,
   Stefan.