SRU policy for universe

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 18 14:53:40 GMT 2007

Hi,

Am Donnerstag 18 Januar 2007 08:05 schrieb Tollef Fog Heen:
> Stefan Potyra skrev:
> > However I'm still not entirely convinced, that the whole process for
> > universe SRU's is optimal yet. There are also some high delays between
> > the first debdiff and three acks from motu-sru, which might be another
> > place to fix the process.
>
> How often does it happen that a MOTU/Hopeful gets a fix turned down and
> has to start again?  If it nearly never happens, the "three acks" might
> a bit over the top and we could reduce it to one.

I've just done a quick check about this:
first debdiff goes in unmodifed: 12
first debdiff goes in unmodified, but there is a discussion between motu-sru
members first: 3
first debdiff gets a reject from one of motu-sru: 7

> > Imho Jordan made a pretty good proposal, though this would kinda imply
> > that the remove-from-non-release-pockets bug is fixed. What do you think
> > of it?
>
> See my reply to your reply to his mail.  All in all, not too bad, but
> this is not a black or white situation, we can choose any shade of brown
> in between.  I don't think getting rid of all checks is what we should
> move to, but if you (the MOTUs) are unhappy with the current situation,
> we need to fix it.

Yes, big thanks for your input on this.

Inorder to collect the proposals/discussions in one place, I've created a
wiki-page for that:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Processes/SRURedone

It's a bit sparse right now, so everyone please add your comments/proposals
there. We can then have a further discussion and/or decision on the upcoming
motu-meeting.

Cheers,
   Stefan.