Inclusion of Ice* packages?

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 04:40:48 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 16:05 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 06:05:26PM +0000, Vassilis Pandis wrote:
> > I have filed bug 77009 [1] which is concerned with several universe packages that fail to install
> > because they hard depend on ice* packages which are not in Feisty. The question is: how should
> > this be handled? Will these ice* packages be brought in ? Should a "| firefox" be appended to the
> > deps?
>
> The dependencies should be changed to use the official names for Ubuntu.
>
> --
>  - mdz

Matt,

Would it be possible for you to clarify the the official ubuntu position
on the use of the Firefox name in ubuntu products.  1.  I would like to
post this information under https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MozillaTeam and 2.
I would like to make sure that I understand the packaging issues
involved.

Thanks
David Farning