The changing nature of bug reports

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:51:07 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 15:31 -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> > I think this proposed feature:
> > https://launchpad.net/products/malone/+bug/43893 will probably help,
> > where we can give specific instructions about how to file a good bug for
> > a given package. So we can explain (with screenshots!) how to upload
> > /var/log/foo right from the start, saving the round trips.
>
> We should use apport to stamp out all instances of this particular problem,
> by including relevant information which can be collected without user
> intervention.

Apport currently has a very cool package.hook mechanism for the crash
reporter that can be customized on a per package basis to provide
information a triager/developer is likely to ask for.

I realize that I am packing feature requests on pitti...but;)  I wonder
if it would be possible to implement a cli that calls package.hook so a
bug reporter could easily provide the information triagers are likely to
ask for.

thanks
--
David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com>