Promotion of colorblind to main

Loïc Minier loic.minier at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 13 09:17:03 GMT 2007

        Hi,

 gnome-mag in Debian build-depends on libcolorblind-dev; the colorblind
 library is the work of Debian Developer Daniel Ruoso and helps
 gnome-mag to render graphics in a more accesible way for colorblind
 people.

 Colorblind support in gnome-mag landed in 0.14.0 (we're at 0.14.10 at
 the moment of writing) and is now listed in:
 - external GNOME (build-)dependencies
   <http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyone/ExternalDependencies>
 - gnome-mag's FAQ entry "What are the dependencies needed to install a
   fully functional magnifier?" <http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMag/FAQ>

 Being written and maintained by a Debian Developer and the Debian
 gnome-mag Maintainer, colorblind is a pretty quiet upstream and Debian
 package:
    <http://alioth.debian.org/projects/colorblind/>
    <http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/colorblind.html>

 I don't think gnome-mag is particularly security sensitive piece of
 code, nor that colorblind adds any security threat.

 library's Installed-Size: 72; the biggest part below
 /usr/share/doc/libcolorblind0, the shared lib itself is less than 7KB
 at the moment.

 I propose colorblind for promotion to main as to provide a fully
 featured gnome-mag to end users.

    Bye,

 NB: not colorblind myself.
--