apt-get source changes for packages maintained in VCS

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Mon Aug 6 04:07:37 BST 2007

On Sunday 05 August 2007 05:23, Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> Perhaps you can give me some more use cases?

Just now I was getting the Ubuntu source for turbogears because I saw that
Ubuntu had a patch that Debian doesn't and so I wanted to add that patch into
the Debian Python Modules Team svn for the next upload.  And of course, when
I downloaded the Ubuntu source, apt-get source warned me that there was an
svn repo I maybe would rather consult.

Well, the reason I was getting the Ubuntu source was to put stuff INTO that
svn repo.  Particularly for packages maintained in vcs's outside of
launchpad, the vcs just doesn't seem like the place I would really want to
go.

Scott K