Packages for bugs

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 24 18:52:04 BST 2007

On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 05:19:08PM -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
> Frequently bugs are created in Malone without a package or without all
> the information necessary to be able work on them.  In the interest of
> reducing the number of bugs submitted without a package I have recently
> done some work on the Bugs - Find Right Package page in the Ubuntu wiki
> [1].  I'd appreciate your comments and feedback regarding the page.
> Particularly, if there are any general types of bugs that are not
> covered in that page.
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage

This page is looking good.  Last month on this list, I outlined my idea to
provide a guided interface for filing bugs in an appropriate place without
knowing which packages are involved.  I'd like to see this information form
the basis for such an interface, giving the user a decision tree to guide
them to the point where appropriate information can be collected and
attached to their report.

--
 - mdz