Removing ia32-libs and libstdc++5 from the seeds

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 3 16:06:33 BST 2007

Hi Matthias,

Matthias Klose [2007-04-03 13:30 +0200]:
> I would like to remove ia32-libs and libstdc++5 from the seeds for feisty.

Interesting topic that. So far we spectacularly forgot to keep it up
to date with security updates in a timely manner, we only update it
every so often.

I don't see a big point in keeping it in main, since we do not install
it by default, thus the user needs to do manual actions in either
case.

If we do, then we should try to gradually convert it to an empty
metapackage and have the sources build ..32_amd64.debs instead, as e.
g. zlib or alsa-lib do.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de